Grit Media is a privately-held digital and creative agency located in Charlotte, NC. We operate as a new age digital agency, marrying data-driven search marketing with highly imaginative branding and creative. We work with companies in multiple verticals, including eCommerce, B2B and local/ministry organizations. The Grit Media team is a fast moving, fast paced, fun group with a goal to create a lasting impact for our clients, ourselves and our community. Heading into our fourth year of business, Grit Media grew 200% in 2017 and 400% in 2018. As growth continues, there will be significant opportunities for advancement for high performing employees.
Our Director of SEO role presents an awesome opportunity to pave the way for SEO in a fast-growing digital marketing agency. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, an experienced analyst, an excel wizard and loves all things SEO. He/she is equally eager to create company-wide SEO processes as well as get their hands dirty to build links, update meta titles and write SEO rich content. The Director of SEO has the opportunity and responsibility to develop the organic search strategy and drive growth across all Grit Media client partners. On a day-to-day basis, he/she will work closely with Account, Search and Customer Experience teams to help our company kick butt and blow our client partners away with results.
• Drive company-wide SEO results.
• Develop and manage SEO strategy across all client partners.
• Support the growth of junior SEO specialists to cultivate SEO expertise within the company.
• Support account managers to understand clients’ SEO needs, identify top priorities and analyze ongoing performance.
• Continually push Grit to the cutting edge of the ever-changing SEO trends.
• Analytics implementation using Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Call Tracking.
• Analytics dashboard creation.
• Weekly and monthly presentation of SEO performance to upper-level management.
• Work closely with Account, Customer Experience and Search teams to accomplish SEO priorities.
What we are looking for:
• 7+ years experience in SEO.
• Expert proficiency in Google Analytics.
• Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
• Intermediate to strong proficiency in Google Ads.
• Prior proficiency with SEO tools, such as Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, etc.
• Understanding of website design/development – to communicate with front-end and back-end web developers/designers.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• High energy team player.
• Competitive personality with a drive to win.
Send cover letter plus resume to ale[email protected].